distantstitcher

I created this blog to record my progress through Sian Martin's Distant Stitch Diploma course. As she is in the UK and I am in Australia this seems to be a great way for her to watch my progress, and ultimately I hope be a complete record of the whole journey. Any useful/helpful/supportive/even positive comments you would like to leave would be very welcome; comments of the other sort will be accepted.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More New Beginnings

The good - no, best - news is that I have finally settled on a Research Topic, and Siân is in agreement. Hurray. The topic is 'My Home' and the main reason for this choice is that my physical mobility is extremely limited and I live in a small town in the country with not much in the way of inspiration locally. Travelling is not an option, so I was compelled to choose something that was here, and what could be more 'here' than the home I live and work in?

I think this is going to be quite interesting. I had wanted to do something to do with architecture and had almost settled on 'Fenestration', however Siân felt that this could be a bit broad, so the thinking cap went back on and the next thing to come out was my own house.

The word list is done, as is the spider diagram both of which I will post (as soon as I work out how to do it).



MY HOME – LIST OF WORDS

shelter
protection
inside
outside
warmth
coolness
comfort
love
entertainment
change
stasis
celebration
design
colours
work
relaxation
happiness
sadness
food
housekeeping
friends
family

I guess there will be more words to add to this list. If anyone reading this has any suggestions, don't be shy, please let me know.