distantstitcher

I created this blog to record my progress through Sian Martin's Distant Stitch Diploma course. As she is in the UK and I am in Australia this seems to be a great way for her to watch my progress, and ultimately I hope be a complete record of the whole journey. Any useful/helpful/supportive/even positive comments you would like to leave would be very welcome; comments of the other sort will be accepted.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

In the beginning ...

.... there was darkness.

At least that is how I feel right now. I am sure that with Sian's guidance and input from other students and stitchers this situation will change. It is quite daunting to take on a task like this from a distance of 12 000 kms, although the internet makes if relatively easy. Imagine trying to do it without the help of a computer. Doesn't really bear thinking about.

I have read half of the first module book, and so I am beginning to get an idea of what is required and that it is indeed a serious undertaking, in terms of time and of effort. Out will come the sketching gear, watercolours, acrylics, pencils, crayons, etc etc that have been languishing somewhat over the past year or so. Into the house will come sketchbooks, largeish sheets of paper and strange and wonderful objects not to mention a certain amount of hair tearing and anguish. Doesn't it sound like a heap of fun? I can't wait to get started.