distantstitcher

I created this blog to record my progress through Sian Martin's Distant Stitch Diploma course. As she is in the UK and I am in Australia this seems to be a great way for her to watch my progress, and ultimately I hope be a complete record of the whole journey. Any useful/helpful/supportive/even positive comments you would like to leave would be very welcome; comments of the other sort will be accepted.

Friday, September 29, 2006

more words


Today I have started work on my spider diagram, although I am not sure exactly what information I should put in it. For example is it general things, under 'Texture Study' a list of things such as rough, smooth, bumpy etc, or should it include how I propose to reproduce those textures. No, be more positive woman, I think it is probably all right and possibly even acceptable. I shall email it to Sian for her feedback.

I have also thought of a few new words to add to yesterday's list:
cocooning
hairy/fuzzy
knobbly
prickly
womblike
spokelike
fibonacci
golden section
aeroplanes
helicopters

I have no doubt that there will be others as time goes on.