distantstitcher

I created this blog to record my progress through Sian Martin's Distant Stitch Diploma course. As she is in the UK and I am in Australia this seems to be a great way for her to watch my progress, and ultimately I hope be a complete record of the whole journey. Any useful/helpful/supportive/even positive comments you would like to leave would be very welcome; comments of the other sort will be accepted.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

NEW BEGINNING

Another Distant Stitch student and I began our courses at the same time last year. Neither of us has achieved anything like the outcome we foresaw or wanted, so now we have decided, metaphorically speaking, to kick each other's butts in an effort to keep us on the straight and narrow. She lives in Kuwait, I live in Australia. Thank heavens for emails.

Anyway, I have decided to change tack altogether and have chosen an entirely different research topic: Fenestration - windows and doors. There is lots of scope to go absolutely mad, and there is also the opportunity to focus in on something specific. To this end I have prepared a list of words I associate with this topic, and have prepared a spider diagram, although they are not yet in a state where I can post them here. Next time.